The Department of Geosciences at UniLaSalle offers students an unparalleled opportunity to complete geology fieldwork in France. Both home and international students will have the chance to work alongside academic staff members, 4th year engineering students and specialists. They will conduct a practical geological exploration experiment in small groups.
Extend learning from the classroom to the field in sediment mapping and mapping of magmatic or volcanic areas, or, alternatively, study the Alps transect or sequence stratigraphy in situ.
The program’s strengths
- Program taught in English
- Field schools available for 2 levels of students:
- 2nd year Bachelor’s degree students (4-year degree)
- 3rd year Bachelor’s degree students and higher (4-year degree)
- Up to 3 weeks of workshops and classes
- Up to 12 ECTS credits (or 6 US credits) awarded
The Geological Field School in France program is primarily intended for undergraduates in their 3rd year (Bachelor’s degree).
Grade Point Average (GPA) prerequisite: 2.7 (B)
As the language of instruction is English no particular level of French is required. Nevertheless some basic knowledge would be useful.
Tuition fees and other expenses
3500 € (waived for exchange students from partner universities)
Not included in the program costs:
- RT travel from country of origin
- passport/visa fees
- mandatory health and liability insurance coverage
- personal expenses
- lunches, diners and transportation during your free time in Grenoble on May 24th and 25th
1390 € (subject to change) for exchange and non-exchange students, including:
- Week 1: room & board on campus + OW transportation from CDG airport to UniLaSalle on May 14th, 2019: 300€
- RT transportation Beauvais field: 300€
- Week 2: room, board & transportation: 320€ (Free time in Grenoble from May 24th to May 25th : nights and breakfasts are included but not lunches, diners & personal transportation)
- Week 3:room, board & transportation: 420€
- Non-refundable administration fee: 50€
Non-refundable cancellation fee after the application deadline: 150€