The Spring Semester in Water and Environmental Management is an interdisciplinary program that explores the processes affecting the transfer and quality of surface and ground water.
- Multidisciplinary approach: environmental management requires interactions between scientific disciplines. Our courses cover a large scope: life, earth, soil and agricultural sciences.
- Guest lectures: water issues are different across countries. To give students a wider overview of management practices, 1/3 of the courses are taught by invited faculty from partner universities.
- Experiential learning: 1/5 of classes are dedicated to field observation, measurement and sampling activities. Several excursions are embedded to the program, including a one week field-trip.
Classes run from January to May.
The program’s strengths
- Course taught entirely in English
- 30 ECTS credits / 15 US credits
- French language classes included for international students (2 ECTS credits / 1 US credit)
- Latest equipment available (hydrogeological facility)
- Field applications
- Certificate issued by UniLaSalle
The Spring Semester in Water and Environmental Management is for students in agriculture, life sciences, geosciences or environmental sciences.
Classes are taught in English and advanced or intermediate English is required, attested by any one of the following:
- a score of 785 TOEIC points or higher
- a score of 534 TOEFL points or higher (or 227 TOEFL CBT and 72 TOEFL iBT points)
- a score of 5.5 IELTS points.
Admission based on application
Registration deadline: October 15, 2020
It is important to submit applications by the requested deadline, in particular transcripts of registration and the latest proof of English level attainment (785 TOEIC points or 534 TOEFL points). The deadline is also very important for the visa application process.
- If your country is in the Campus France area: You MUST register on the Campus France website.You are also required to download the application form for the Spring Semester and complete and send it to UniLaSalle.
- If your country is not in the Campus France area: You are required to download the application form for the Spring Semester and complete and send it directly to UniLaSalle.
Accommodation: if you require a room on campus, please notify us at the earliest opportunity to ensure that one is reserved for you.
Tuition fees and other expenses
- Erasmus exchange students enrolled at an Erasmus partner university: no tuition fees charged.
- Bilateral exchange students enrolled at a partner university or a university with a cooperation agreement with UniLaSalle: no tuition fees charged.
- Other cases: €3,500 tuition fees plus €50 non-refundable registration fees.
- Water management across agroecosystems (taught in Pisa, Italy): €300
- 5-day field-trip: €300
- University residence: €494 per month for a single room or €270 per month for a shared room.
- Campus fees : €130
- Insurances: €200
- Social security (mandatory for non-European students): approx. €215 per year
- Catering in canteen: €3.25/meal
- Public transport: €8 per month for a bus pass
- Equipment to bring: lab coat, laptop, adaptor plus, field equipment (plastic boots, warm waterproof clothing, walking shoes).